Aloha, my children.
I report to you now from an authentically Hawaiian Internet Cafe in downtown Honolulu. Yes, I have stooped to such levels- paying good money to contact the outside world. I feel ashamed and not at all like a tourist.
Speaking of tourism, I've probably spoken more Japanese here so far than I normally would in Japan. There's probably about an equal amount of Japanese tourists to American locals/tourists. I've decided that whenever I speak to my Grandmother in Japanese everyone assumes I'm one of the tourists anyway, I'm just going to embrace my roots and go something really exciting. Perhaps skydiving or swimming with sharks.
That all has to wait. I got my first real taste of the Waikiki Beach today, only five minutes from where I'm staying, and I plan to get really sunburnt before heading off to visit Pearl Harbour and all that. Met some people from Florida who apparently love Japan and are more than happy to officially adopt me into their family. Um, awkward? Don't tell anyone, but I'm kind of scared about when I'm going to meet up with them tomorrow. If you don't hear back from me in two weeks, report me as kidnapped.
(PS: Not only are the Surfer Dudes hot as hoped for, they're friendly as well. Haaa, you're wishing right now that you're me, aren't you.)
(PPS: The cool thing to do these days is renting motorbikes, apparently. Everyone's either driving a spruced-up moped or speeding around on Harleys or Kawasakis. Paradise got just that much better.)
5 comments:
omg! I love Hawaii! but your right there are waaay too many Japanese there. it could almost be Japan.
you should try the hikes they have up volcanoes and stuff. going up is awful, but once you get there the view is to die for and you feel like youve lost 100 lbs.
and para-sailing is amazing!! and if you get a chance to go to one of the other islands like Kona, the horse back riding is killer.
ok, now i sound like a travel guide.
hawaii is the best, have a great time, and watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall!!!
Dont get too sunburned. I am even now dwelling in a prison of charred flesh from a recent stint in the sun. Even my friggin eyelids are sunburned. Death, come and take me.
And lets see...Amanda unsupervised in hawaii + mopeds + hot surfer dudes(with purely honorable, platonic intentions of course) = Every father's worst nightmare. Happy early birthday, Dad.
damn~ i can reallyyy use a vaca right now :) hope ur having fun luvv~ and next time..i am SO going with u :) cheerios :*
have fun for me...wish i was there.
Enjoy MY vacation for me!
MOM
Post a Comment