My computer has problems. This is no secret; until very, very recently I could not even install a proper antivirus program because my expired and therefore illegal current copy of Windows would not let me.
Sooo a couple days ago, a virus somehow got into my system and thoroughly molested it. To say it went beserk on me would be an understatement... the other day, until 4 in the morning, a voice with a cool, vaguely Eastern European accent would kindly inform me that "Error has occurred. System in two minutes with shut down." Every five minutes. At a very high volume which could not be manipulated.
Thankfully I've pretty much completely cleaned everything up and most things are running smoothly again... of course, I still can't access User Accounts in Control Panel and dll files keep inexplicably erasing themselves, but I can live with that.
This whole virus-removing/computer cleaning and restoration has sort of unleashed the geek monster in me, though. I actually spent three hours of my free time this evening trolling google for file-excavating programs and how to c&p from command prompt. Exciting, right?
It's almost 3 am. Don't ask me why I'm up this late, or why I'm writing this really meaningless post. Because then I'd bore you with details about how fast I've figured out how to make firefox run.
No comments:
Post a Comment