Monday, November 08, 2010

but before i withdraw...

...Look at this.



Isn't it gorgeous? I found it Here, whilst brushing up on my APEC news.

I really love the Yokohama Bay. It's energizing to walk to and from work with that view spread out before me. But most of all, I love my hotel. I love the skyscraper it's in, the way it looks like it goes on for miles into the clouds and dwarfs every other building around it. Apparently it's weird how much I love it, or so say my cynical coworkers. I guess I haven't been here long enough - it's still beautiful to me.

And whilst I'm on the subject, check it out! The Landmark Tower was on a random list about the world's fastest elevators! I found the article because I clicked the picture on Google Images, but now after reading it I feel like my pie just won the blue ribbon at the state fair.


"Elevator speed: 750 meters per minute
Building height: 296 meters (972 feet)
Japan's tallest building since its completion in 1993, the tower comes complete with offices, retail space, and a five star hotel. Its elevator travels at one floor per second"

Hee! Wow, procrastination. Back to studying now.

5 comments:

James Rudow said...

I totally agree... I love Yokohama, and that tower is prestigious to say the least.
Couldn't agree with you more...
XXXXXXXXXXXX muah

MaryJane said...

remember we used to ride the elevators in our clown costumes?

Dossy and Bossy said...

Gambatte, sounds like you're doing what you love and loving what you do, which is really the best thing in the world. Sorry you keep losing all the blood in your body and running fevers...sounds gruesome. I see you're sticking it out in the best Japanese tradition. Yes, your hotel IS impressive.

Amber said...

Panda, tell us more about your last few weeks - waiting for your next installment! (BTW I told a few of my friends about your blog and they're impressed by how interesting it is and how well you write. Keep it up!)

Amanda Rudow said...

Daddiya: Yes, but I mean that it's apparently not normal for me, as it is my workplace and in this strange world work = bad.

MJ: HAHAHA! Wasn't that Tokyo Dome? I had to wrack my brain to remember. Good times indeed.

D&B: I know, I'm weak. If only I could take a vaccine to immunize myself against cuts.

Amber: I've been planning a new post for a while now, lots of new things going on. Unfortunately I'm also a super procrastinator. zing! It's going on my calendar: next day off, blog post.