Friday, January 07, 2011

Ahhhhh! I CLOCKED OUT. I CLOCKED OUT! I fail at life.

So! Happy New Year! A week into 2011 and I've already sunk into self-loathing. This is not a good sign. Also not a good sign: my apparent mental retardation. I may be the new replacement for the actual retard in our kitchen. This is really, really not cool, brain.

Explanation: I have an ident card that also works as a time card. I run it through a scanner upon entering the building, upon entering my kitchen, when I eat in the cafeteria, exit the kitchen, and exit the building. This is a very important process, since employees are only allowed an alloted amount of documented working hours a month by law. Go over this amount and... I don't know the details, but the gist is that Bad Things happen. Therefore everyone's (documented) hours are carefully planned out by a scheduler - in our kitchen it's Senior Chef M - so this doesn't have to be a problem. The rule (for our kitchen) is that you can come in as early as you like, so long as you only clock in after 7:30 am, and leave as late as you please so long as you clock out at the time Senior Chef M says for you to.

So, because today I was let off early with the exception that I not run my card through either the kitchen scanner and the exit scanner so that my early escape would not be documented, and I remembered the kitchen scanner but not the exit scanner since after 7 months it's become an involuntary action... I'm screwed. I won't even be able to face the music until the 10th because I have the next two days off.

It's not a huge deal, I'll just have to clock out an extra hour later some other day, but Senior Chef M will definitely make me feel his pain. His sarcasm bucket never runs dry and he loves to torture me through excessive teasing. I cringe just thinking about facing him, and on top of all this, I have to deal with my developing mental handicap?!?!?! I TAKE BACK EVERY POSITIVE THING I SAID IN THE LAST POST. 2011: YEAR OF HEADDESKING DUE TO MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF STUPIDITY.

I do feel a little better after letting that all out. But only just a little. ugh, god. I can just see his face. Hear the first words out of his mouth: "Amanda, you clocked out, didn't you? After PROMISING me you'd saranwrap your ident card to remind yourself NOT TO?!!" I will moan about my stupidity and he will laugh at me and it will all be very embarrassing.

Ugh, so much for making myself feel better by unloading on the interwebz.



Okay, feeling a little better. To the left is my monkey, to the right is a rabbit (?), and in the middle is an awesome display made up of veggies indigenous to Yokohama.



To the left: a sweet girl from the hot prep kitchen. To the right: Main Kitchen's biggest retard.

Hurrah for 2011.

2 comments:

James Rudow said...

Stop beating yourself up.... right now.
Counter productive.
Life threatening.
Happiness sapping.
Quality growth drenching.
Introspection increasing.
Personal respect decreasing.
...altogether, the worst path to follow.

Take each day and event on the chin.
Life has it's punches... we just learn to reel with them and come back swinging.

That's my girl.
Soc it to 'em..... to hell with suran wrap.
ILY..
Dad

Jabberwocky said...

yeah. what dad said. ;)