Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Carol

Be happy with me... today we did our last Christmas show out of the house! Oh joy... Every day since Monday we've had a show- at old folks' homes or kindergartens- and it was exhausting, somewhat. Of course, quite alot of fun at the same time, though.
I feel like an experienced cookie maker. All afternoon we've been experimenting with cookies and it was very trying! But after much trial and error, plus a number of encouraging comments ("Wow! Those look like.... deer droppings! What are they?" "Hey, I heard burnt-till-charcoal cookies are supposed to be good for pregnant mommies! Can I have those?") I finally made some edible batches... actually, about eight. We then proceeded to put them in neat little bags and passed them out to our neightbours.... in 3 degree weather, singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" in three languages. Sound exciting?
It's soooo awsome! Our dining room and front genkan has been remade! Linoleum redone, walls re-papered... it's like a whole new house! (Almost) And just in time for our GP Christmas party tomorrow. And THAT is a whole 'nother subeject!
Well, Merry Christmas, all!

No comments: