This event was not a first for TNT, but it was a first for me. Last night our home had soccer night- which meant at 8:00 Mike ushered us all out the door towards Doggy Park (aka Inokashira Park) for an exciting game of Soccer.
The grass field, muddy, uneven, and slippery, is quite large, perhaps the size of a normal soccer field except in a rounder shape. Any visitors/former inhabitants of TNT will know what I mean when I say, it's great for soccer but if you wanna get REALLY picky somewhere else might be better. Anyhow we didn't care, so we went ahead and picked two places diagonal from eachother (that way we avoided a large puddle and we were close to the light- it was dark, after all) for goals.
The two teams were rather fair- I was team captain of one (don't ask why; it was originally Uncle Phil) and Mike was team captain of the other. Nao and Marvy were fortunately visiting for two days so they got to come with us... and both landed on the other team. I would later learn this was not so nice for the survival of our team.
Anyways I did more screaming, running commentary and missing the ball than actual kicking and scoring. I took it upon myself to be offense (dunno how to spell that but you get the idea) and evidently all my team members passed it to me to score. I think I disappointed ALOT of people that night. Tehe All that to say, although we had Josh and Nick and my dad, we lost sorely. It was fun, good exercise and all that, though. Looking forward to doing it again.
3 comments:
uncle phil??? yeah, never make him the team captian. he'll start picking people like Alysha, keith and jude.
Oh that was so much fun.
Amen amen, I'm looking forward to kicking your asses yet again :D
Post a Comment