My life, as interesting as it is, is starting to worry me. I used to read dictionaries during my free time (okay, fine, that's a lie) but I'm afraid I've degraded rather disgracingly recently. Nowadays I've taken to downloading Disney songs for my little sisters. Tis actually quite fun. We've got about 50 by now. *titter*
I was listening to the song, "A Whole New World" the other day, and having nothing better to do I let my mind wander.
Now, this song is VERY subtle. You may think that it's simply a harmless ditty about Prince Aladdin taking his love for a nice flying carpet ride. Oh my God, stop being so bloody naiive. It gets better, see. And if you think the song is subtle, Disney itself is like, King Kong of subtlety. It's simply littered with this stuff. But we're straying a bit.
Something that simply must come to your attention is this: Disney is slyly inserting -gasp- sex into the very things we show our childes. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. Is it their ultimate goal to turn our sons and daughters into sexual maniacs?? (Probably not, but it's fun to analyze)
Let's take this wonderful song, A Whole New World, for a very good example.
"I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, Princess,
Now when did you last let your heart decide?"
("Cmon... It's PROM for God's sake!!! So what if your dad forbids pre-marital sex??? Don't let your parents inhibit you!!! SHEESH")
"I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways, and under
On a magic carpet ride"
(Alright... I can't really analyze this stanza too well. Although he could be explaining to her that he knows alot of different sex positions.)
"Unbelievable sights"
(Guess he's got a big one)
"Indescribable feeling"
(Hm.... I'll leave that one up to you) "
"Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky"
(.... well I suppose you could describe it that way)
"A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes"
(Aladdin...was a freak)
"A hundred thousand things to see"
(She doesn't know what to look at: his face, his arms, the TV...)
"Hold your breath- it gets better"
(Note: In some cases, this statement isn't exactly correct)
"I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far"
(Aladdin takes the opportunity to do a little boasting)
"I can't go back to where I used to be"
(Guess Jasmine doesn't know about multiples yet)
"A whole new world
Every turn a surprise"
("I found it, I found it, there's the Gspot!!")
"With new horizons to pursue
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare"
(He's starting to get bored of Jasmine I think; she doesn't like him constantly gawping at other girls' asses at the pool/water hole
"Let me share this whole new world with you"
(Threesooooome!)
"A whole new world
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me."
(Jasmine revels in this new world; Aladdin rolls over and snores.)
Ah, the wonders of diamond skies.
While expressing the rough drafts of these thoughts outloud, a mother of two small children chided me, and said I was reading into it too much.
So, maybe I am. But hey, it's HER kids getting the sex ed.
Analyze that. Peace bro. Teehee
4 comments:
SHE would NEVER let HER kids watch disney movies...terrible terrible. a tragedy. I mean seriously, theres only a few highlights in a childs life "snacks" and "movies"
...which those children are lacking. but hey, disneys gotta be the greatest thing ever!
Yeah, you have a point. And it's nice to see a POST on here at least!
Who chided you?
huh? was this suposto be funny or serious?
Post a Comment