Monday, March 05, 2007

Verb or not?

I try to win my debates. Although of course, usually I start it only for the fun of debating and therefore lose a majority of the time. Nevertheless, the current debate is:

Whether or not "itch" can be used as a verb. For example, do you itch your itchy arm or scratch your itchy arm?

I know that I myself have often been told, "don't itch that! you'll irritate it!" and so I actually have ground for my side of the debate. But we looked in the dictionary and it said strictly adjective.

Please help me win my debate. My winnings are becoming decisively thinner as time wears on, and I have an eeire feeling that they are just mirroring my intelligence or something.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, well, what if there is a bunch a different kinds of itch and a bunch of meanings for it?? what if you looked up the wrong itch? either way, i gotcha back and if you go down, i shall too...xx

out peace

Amanda Rudow said...

Tee hee.
It's always good to have a good strong bodyguard. :)

Ang Johnson said...

well it depends.
on what, you may ask.
weather you like a paradox or not.
because Job was playful yet agressive.
you are not playful yet agressive.
are you the company men?

Anonymous said...

you scratch an itch
you don't itch an itch
NO ONE ITCHES AN ITCH
it's all wrong
listen to me. It's been said that I'm always right...-shiftyeyes-

MaryJane said...

Job is not a paradox... Ethan Cunt is the Paradox we are talking about here.
And Ethan Cunt's tone of voice was playful and aggressive...remember, Job is not playful yet aggressive.

Werid Cat Lovin Person said...

well I always use itch as a verb so i wouldn't be much of a judge. But I'd say to hell with all the rules if its comfortable to say and I like it then its right. He he he!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jesus, i love you so much and pray to you often...but i Itch my Itches. I also Smudge Smudges and also tend to Float my Floaters, Rap Rap's, regardless of how unorthodox it my seem...ha ha...but i wish to love you with all my heart

out peace