Sunday, September 14, 2008

Of Body Clocks and ... Hitler?

Hai, all. Haven't died on me, yet? Good, good.

Not much happening over here, 'cept Keren had her birthday on the 11th (yeah, the big Nine-One-One, woohoo) and she's a proper 13 year old now. See us shudder with terror. I might post pics and a birthday post later, if any of the pics came out properly and if I can ascertain that Keren actually READS this. Anyway, her birthday gave us an excuse to go out to Shinjuku and watch "Dark Knight", so it wasn't entirely a disaster. That movie was awesome beyond words.

Aaaand as for my lovely self, I've settled into my job well enough, but it's turned out to have affected me more than I thought it would. This morning, Melinda woke up bright and early to prepare herself for a good long day of Yosakoi practice. In doing so she woke me up as well.

Amanda: [sits straight up in bed]
Melinda: Oh, hey, fatso.
A: What time is it? [sees clock] 7:30!
M: Yeah...
A: [looks out window, sees it's pretty dark] Oh my God! Oh ****! I can't believe it! How did I fall asleep?
M: [looks at me like I've lost my mind] What?
A: [moans] Oh, I'm so late, I can't believe this, I was supposed to be in at 6:00, I don't even remember falling asleep! Maybe I'll just call... they might understand...
M: What are you talking about?!
A: I'M LATE FOR WORK, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK I'M TALKING ABOUT??
M: It's 7 in the morning, you idiot.
A: [pauses and wakes up fully] ...huh.

I don't think I've ever been so disoriented in my life. My body actually thought it was the afternoon, not the early morning. Made for a very strange experience. Have ya'll ever had something like that happen? I think all these late nights have well and truly humped with my body clock... ah, well. We're only young once and all that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its weird, on 911 here, there were all these weird things going on at school...
there was this massive american flag hung up on the front of our school and it made me think of karen.

tell her happy birthday. lucky 13

Dossy and Bossy said...

Happy Birthday Karen! Have a wonderful year being 13. Sure love you & wish we could see you!
I hope you get a chance to read this.

Anonymous said...

What is you new thing for hitler??

Amanda Rudow said...

what? i don't have a new thing for hitler!

since when?