I think once you've gotten used to picking fights on the Internet for laughs, it gets easier to slip into the habit in real life. The same with cursing on the Internet, making friends with assholes because they make you laugh and then eventually, inevitably make you feel horrible on the Internet, and lying on the Internet. The line between reality and the fake world of the interwebs begins to slip-slide and fade and suddenly you find yourself using lolcat words in a business meeting.
And of course, it really hits you when the cute postman comes to your house and you immediately expect him to drop his clothes and ravish you because you've read too many romance novels in pdf form and it's addled with your common sense.
All this, my friends, due to the wonder that is modern technology. Where would we be without Twitter? No doubt in a healthier world where there aren't any chains keeping us glued to our computers.
And when I say you... I certainly do not mean me.
No comments:
Post a Comment