All the schedules from TNT in the late 90's are still meticulously glued onto each binder page, scattered amongst the old essays and journal entries written in a 6 year old's large, loopy script, and of course unforgettably the innumerable pages of the absolutely random but completely patented The Dress Up Game™.
I remember starting my schedule collection... I decided that it was crucial to keep them to show to my grandchildren in the distant future, and for about a month hopscotched through the maze of cockroaches in the middle of the night to take down the day's schedule from the corkboard. Then the next day I would take them down to the classroom and make quite an affair out of gluing each paper to a new page, and then writing meaningless nonsense all over it. I think it was a sort of power trip.
Exhibit A:

Ahh, I felt so clever when I discovered that I could incorporate the "project" at the end of the innocent sentence into a declaration of Love - the Pete Loves Heaven Project, oh the moment I wrote these words down went down in MC classroom history.

The next day I decided to go a little bigger, a little broader. My Little Reasshurings was very much a scandal - I was airing everyone's dirty laundry, and who wouldn't be ashamed of loving Pete one day and then suddenly switching to the Mysterious Joe Character the next? Hussy! - and I believe that was the start of my career in journalism.

I just love the progression; notice how small I started out, only to get heady with my success and overstep a bit, and then as though finally realising that I'd gotten in over my head, went general and just decided that Love Was In The Air and that was that. Epic.
Really, the person who said that one's teenage years are one's most emotionally convoluted and generally eventful never lived the life of a child in a combo home. I don't think anything I'll ever do, excluding perhaps hard drugs or running for the presidency, could hope to top me being co-creator and co-owner of a thriving bank and a separate business funded by said bank... at the age of 9. Really.
10 comments:
joe was this guy who was julia's age and who was kind of gay and who totally digged julia. He visited for like one day. thats all i remember about him. but her true love was always foxy pete
foxy pete got such a nice name, its very sexy~
he got his name from the time we played hide and seek and he hid in the squat toilets (which is gross!!!) and we never found him. He was soooo foxy!
Ha...I got a huge kick outta reading these schedules. I showed them to Jeff & he goes, "Who's Macky and why does he need his own minder?" Ha.
Also, I would like to point out that Nikki seemed to be convienently SICK on each of these schedules.
And lastly, I must say it's very impressive that you were writing such big words as "Reasshurings" when you were 6 years old. Most kids are barely learning to read at that age.
um..anorexia will do that to you, in my defense...
But yes, these did dredge up all sorts of funny memories. LOL
A sick person needs to be in a hospital and play florence nightengale games.....
We all knew it! I should have done it!
thats true that is journalism right there...coo....what were you looking for?
Foxy pete lives somewhere near...
Yeah, just clean some stuff up.
Good god....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRG08RkZWTs
Do you remember the golden rule about not being able to tag Melinda!!!!!
Just remember that....
Whats wrong with being nice to people just because theyre male...we could of totally played tag with those two at the park...I mean, they realyl did look like they could use some exercise..and then we could of gone to a real park like Tachikawa or Koganei and Jump on those clouds and slide down those slides....
Julia, all of your anonymous comments really really scared me. I thought you were some sort of mentally ill stalker who knew everything about me or something.
Well, I am a mentally ill stalker...hee hee. I just want you to know that this was the first time Ive ever commented on yur or MJs or anyones blog. I left comments on this girl named Alisa`s blog too, but i think she deleted them. Did you get my voice mail? I tried to call you before I caught the coo coo train to hang out. Your 18, feb 12th right. Lets be friends.
Post a Comment