Friday, January 15, 2010

Death by Caymonade

God, I miss eating.

Today is Day 3 of the Master Cleanse, which I decided to start a week ago because for the first time in two years I had 10 bedridden days with no work in sight stretching before me, and I decided it was a golden opportunity.

I... may have miscalculated on the golden part. More like neon yellow. Those who have done the Cleanse before will know what I mean, and sympathise.

It's been 5 days since I've last had a bite of solid food or a sip of coffee (ahhhhh coffee, my second love) - that's like 5 YEARS in Amanda time. Everyone and their brother knows that my first love is food, which is why I've always been so *cough* pleasantly plump. So giving that up... oh man. I weep bitter cayenne tears at the thought of Mom's spaghetti dinners, or at the sight of Melinda's high-piled breakfast plate. But I AM STRONG.

You may enter words of comfort by clicking the link below. I have another 5 days ahead of me, I'll need them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wha! r u serious! ur going 10 days without food or coffee??!......heh gl! Dosent that rebound after you stop?

Amanda Rudow said...

It probably will rebound after I'm finished, but I'm not doing it specifically for the weight loss, and anyway there hasn't been any dramatic weight change so far, just four kilos.

Mainly I just like the idea that my body's being flushed of toxins etc.

ang said...

thoes don't work you know. I mean, unless your shitting a ton which you don't cuz your not eating. Your better off taking Laxatives. Plus the lemon one makes you bloat with water.
what happened to me anyway

Babylove said...

Go for it, Mandy! Know you can. I only did it for 9 days. Mainly cuz' I didn't need any anx from my girls about why I wasn't eating. R U doing the Salt water flush too? That's the REAL glorious part! Keep up the good work.

Mimi said...

DONT BE AROUND FOOD!! Seeing other ppl eat will only kill you. Savor the maple syrup, eat little tea spoons of it when you feel really crazy for food and remember its only 10 days out of your whole life that you wont be eating, dakara YOU CAN DO IT.
I did it a couple of years ago and i only lost 4 kgs altogether but i also lost inches on my hips and waist so that was good. Gambate kudasai and post pics when you`re done!