A week late, but still said with FEELING!
This year's accomplishments, so far:
- First Culinary Success (Sweet): Chocolate Cream Pie
- First Culinary Success (Savory): Pumpkin soup using Al's recipe, although my finished result probably tasted vastly different from what it was supposed to
- First step towards adulthood: Getting a job interview at a famous restaurant in Tokyo. Not something to sneeze at, even if it's just an interview, especially since I have zero actual experience in a kitchen. I've sort of accepted that Short Order Cooking doesn't count. A bit like how being on reality TV doesn't make you a real actor.
- First new addiction: Mahjong.
- First boo-boo: injuring my lower back, which has been getting worse and worse ever since.
As far as lists go, I think this one's pretty damn good. You know, excepting the back injury part. I've been walking around for the past week, stooped and with a hand supporting my lower back, wailing about my "invalidity" and being a general nuisance. Now everyone only speaks to me when I'm doing something beneficial to their happiness, such as when I laboured over my soup for which I accidentally used beef bouillon instead of chicken but shhh don't tell anyone, or when I downloaded the 3rd season of Battlestar Galactica.
Fine, so that was an exaggeration. They are getting a bit tired of the word "invalid", though.
Anyway. Happy Twenty-Ten! Goodbye, '09, you were good to me.
3 comments:
Hey didnt know u like cooking!!! Im into culinary too! saving up to go to Italy to study
Good luck with the interview!!
Ps. lovs to the three of you! Great seein ya at the concert
Mac, I'm seeing a whole new side of you now! That's just brilliant, I hope you can become a world-famous chef... and then come teach me how to do it ;)
See you at Noda sometime, maybe?
I testify to the scrumptiousness of your crumble,darlin! Delectable indeed!Keep them comin',petite Chef!
Mom
Post a Comment