I know this is no excuse, but my brain's been malfunctioning lately. Honest-to-God defective. May possibly be connected to my body not being accustomed to 6-day work weeks, but also has a possible connection to some sort of hereditary problem. I shall continue to look into this.
Sooo in happier, random-er news, it snowed in Saitama yesterday. Yes, in the middle of March... it brought me back to the good old days of Tokyo in the early 90's, when you could walk out in April straight into the middle of a snowstorm. Unfortunately, the only time I was able to appreciate it was when I walked from the bus stop to my restaurant without an umbrella or an overcoat. But still, AWESOME.
To wrap this little newsy post up, I am currently reading this:

... and, in the spirit of things, bloody lovin it! Never knew anthropological studies were my thing. I'm going to try to find one on Japan, written in English if possible, but if not I could probably manage with one in Japanese. I know I'd just love "Watching the Japanese".
Er. Here's my brain shorting out again. I wish you all a lovely next couple of months until my next wordy post.
Kisses.
3 comments:
that looks like a good book! I'll look for it in the library!
For Japan, try Dave Barry Does Japan. It's insightful and hilarious.
D&B: Do that!! It was really fantastic.
Aich: I looked for it in the second hand bookstore but couldn't find it anywhere. Better luck next time, I hope.
Post a Comment