I have this. I still have to answer the damn phone in the kitchen whenever it rings.
Every time work helps me overcome a previously negative aspect of my life - like how it's turning me into a morning person and helping me appreciate the sex appeal of Japanese men - I expect it to miraculously cure all the other bad stuff. Like my fear of roaches and phones and my inability to eat yogurt or bananas without experiencing nausea.
So stupidly, I thought that if I answered the phone enough, I'd get used to it and not feel like my insides are turning inside-out and then dissolving. I thought wrong. The phone rings and it is a sound of DOOM. I answer and my voice is shaky and I never catch the name of the person calling because they talk too fast and my Japanese gets all twisted up and sometimes I end up saying "Una momento por favour" instead of "Shyo-shyo omatchi kudasai" and ... this phobia is so bad I'm getting run-on-sentencey just thinking about it.
Anyone know how I can get over this?
3 comments:
Don't worry... can be over come. Emphasis on CAN:
Every time the phone rings think, "That's Dad on the phone"... and when it's not, be disappointed for second (don't let the caller know, of course), then get on with life. Instead of the Loch Ness Monster devouring your ear, it is just another pleasant person wanting your attention.
Mind sets... it's all mind sets... kind of like overcoming early rising.
Hand in there.....
Routin' for you...
Love, Daddiya
Better than Dad, imagine the other person is naked... umm yeah. You can do it paw print!
Daddy: haha! That's so cool. I'd try it, but then my brain would probably decide it was English time and then I'd really be screwed.
Amber: YES! And I'd do that too, but since there are so many incredibly hot people working with me, it would be almost more intimidating... not to mention distracting...
Post a Comment