Friday, December 15, 2006

A New Countdown Has Begun.

And this time, it is not a very drawn-out one.
In fact, it's only 48 hours long.

Yes. We are moving in approximately that time.

And the Countdown begins.

I don't think we'll make it. Although of course, we didn't think we'd get rid of all our 'sodai gomi' for free, either. Or our paper. Or that we'd have a professional carpenter help us to revamp our house for free. Or that we'd get a steel door and an aluminum door for free, either.

That was amazing.
Dad's thinking about how nice it would be to have a door as well as shutters for the garage, so access would be easier. So he decides to call Handyman Friend. Their conversation went a little like this:

Dad: Handyman Friend? How much do you think a nice door or two for our garage would be?
HF: Alot. You'd also want steel or aluminum doors. Wood would rot, and iron would rust with all the rain.
Dad: Hmm... you wouldn't have any on hand, say hidden under one of your dog houses, would you?
HF: Aaaahh.... can't say that I do.
Dad: Thanks anyways.

So he hangs up, and thinks. He gets a check to call Red 4-Ton Dumpster Friend. (R4TDF)

Dad: Red 4-Ton Dumpster Friend? You wouldn't happen to know where I could get some doors, would you? I tried fishing in Tokyo Bay but didn't work.
R4TDF: I'm looking at two aluminum and steel doors right now.

That day he brought them over, and we had our miracle.
Now, how cool is that???
Anyways pictures of the house coming up soon.
Cheers.

No comments: