Friday, October 03, 2008

Feliz cumpleanos...

I know I've been very lax in the birthday-wishing department, but now's a good a time as any to start up again.

so... ATTENTION!

OY, AMBER!
SISTER-OLDER, MINE!

Happy Birthdayyyy to You,
You
Youuuuu
(so on and so forth)

You gave me a very interesting year, back in good ol' 2004.
And I'm sure I gave you an equally interesting year, if perhaps for different reasons.

I know I was troublesome and lazy and I broke all your things by bumbling clumsily about all the time, but I have some very fond memories of when I crashed your house and I hope that you have some as well.

Thank you again for taking me under your wing for the very long span of 6 months and trusting me with your beautiful blonde children etc. etc. It grew me up (not that that's saying much) and I definitely would be a different person if it weren't for you.

I hope you had a sufficiently exciting birthday, and that your new year will be really... new.
That is to say, fresh and full of good things like miracles.

Lots and lots of love,
your almost-sis.



I'm really getting the urge to dig up some old photos now...

2 comments:

Amber said...

thank you Mandy - I remember dragging you on long walks.. that was fun! We miss you with Christmas coming up! Lots of love!

Amanda Rudow said...

yeah, fun for you maybe... snicker.

no, actually, i rather liked trying to keep up with you. it was challenging.