Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Greetings, 2009.

Ah, to finally mark the New Year.

I've waited for this... well, all year really. And then I completely forgot to do it. So, without realising, I've lived almost a week into the new year already! How exciting.

2009's been fantastic so far: Four days of work, two of visiting friends, and one of receiving gifts.

Yes, GIFTS. Well, it was essentially a gift, as it was made ridiculously cheap especially for us.

Viola: A NEW COUCH SET!
And now from another angle, just because it's so lovely:


If you've ever lived with us (or talked with my mother for any length of time) you'll know of the horror we held especially for our old couch set. Although when I say we I mean my mother, specifically. The rest of us were fine to live with it - it was uncomfortable and stern-looking, maybe, but it came with the house and was hard to stain, as its upholstery was a black, plastic material. As far as furniture we rarely used, it was nice enough.

But it was the bane of Mother's existence, and so when a pair of angels disguised as simply good friends happened to mention in passing that they had a couch set for sale she pounced. Very soon afterward, the Angels' son and my dad were both breaking their backs hauling it up all our many flights of stairs.

We all watched a few movies on it last night, and I'm officially in love. I plan to spend every idle moment on that couch. Watch me spend all of my money on cushions or something...

Here is where
a picture of me
reclining on
said couch
would be
if I could
be bothered
to actually
take one.

So, Happy New Year, then! Bring the rest of 2009 on. I want to be able to look back and say, "Yeah... that was a good year." If it goes anything like the past week has gone, I think that's something I just might be able to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE!!! I need to visit again now...so much cozier looking. I miss you!!!