Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Royal Pine



The name of the today's hotel was slightly misleading. Firstly, it was a completely pineless facility: the only greenery were the tall luxuriously fake plants next to the elevators and the light-encrusted bushes outside. And secondly, it was a hotel of the slightly middle-er class, even if one of its restaurants did win an acclaimed French award for its food.


Oh yeah. Yum.

The banquet hall was small - more cozy and intimate than the sprawling monstrosities that the Lion's Club parties are usually held in. It was on the very top floor of the building, and the view was spectacular -



- especially at night.



Our bentos were a little... different. Filling, in an interesting way:



I dubbed them our Kazu-Bens, short for Bentos Made Up Almost Entirely Of Okazu (tiny traditional Japanese side dishes, usually for eating with rice or noodles).

Our 45 minute set sort of flew by. It had a completely different feel to it, like I mentioned above: just another example of how different Lion's Clubs and Rotary Clubs events are.

The sound was great, the audience was a very captive one, and I basked in the overall feeling of affluence until I almost believed I also was wearing a string of pearls and designer tags. Our collective mood picked up from droopy to hyper and by the time we piled back into the van we were singing carols in four part harmonies and generally having a fabulous time.







5 comments:

Dossy and Bossy said...

I hate you all for being glamourous and having fun four-part-harmony times whilst I am stuck in moo-cow jail with Satan and his minons.
Whoops...I mean, my beautiful children who sometimes misbehave. Merry Christmas! I am being called for poop duty & must bear my heft elsewhere.

James Rudow said...

Suz..... you'll just have to be creative; you know, the poop can be chocolate delights...ummmm, well, having said that,...just be creative, and let fantasy rule.

You're wonderful, honey, Great Moms go down in History with Eternal Rewards, and us singers, well, flash in the pan...

Love ya,
Daddiya

MARYJANE said...

YOU AND KAREN LOOK LIKE TWINS!!!! WOW! but you guys look great! and I love the outfits. much better than clown outfits...or even worse, frilly pink shirts and granny pants!

more pics of my daddy plz~

<3

James Rudow said...

MJ... the purple hand was your Daddiya...

He's rockin' as usual....

Hope UR OK.... Ganbatte...

Daddiya 2

Cereal Stalker said...

Whoa Athena...you look sexay and Ilene does as well.....why do I feel like a pervert now?