Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Westin Tokyo

Today, Heart to Heart had a hotel gig.

But not just any hotel: it was the Westin Hotel.


The impressiveness of the fact didn't hit me straight away. In fact, we get booked for shows in hotels so often, especially during the Christmas season (this is the third hotel show we've done this December), that it was sort of ya-di-da at first - especially since the staff area of the hotel was just like any other, and that was the first part I saw. You know, the whole Behind The Scenes look: lit like a mental institution, with metal walls and metal doors and metal wheelie shelves piled with pricey china and paper thin wine glasses, with the occasional quiet Japanese man with a chef hat on strolling by.

But then in the blink of an eye I stepped onto wine red carpet, came face to face with a Christmas tree about two and a half times my height, kind of like this:


...and I sort of woke up. First thought: Yay, Christmas! Then: oh God. Why didn't I listen to Keren and change out of my jeans?

We were led here, next:


Dressing room. Yeah. We spent like en entire half an hour in it, to inhale our bentos before dashing back out. The view out the window was breathtaking, with a panoramic view of nighttime Tokyo, including both the Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge.

This was the banquet room in which we performed for, shook hands with, and danced with about 100 of Japan's most wealthy and influential Lion's Club members - including the current Lion's Club Japan chairman, and the two preceding him in the position:


Less blue than the picture, but even more overwhelming.

So that's what I did all day. Tomorrow I'll be up early with Dad to pick up some snowtires, and then it'll be back on the road for another hotel show.

I'll take my camera with me to report my findings and blog about it, so I won't resort to trolling the web for professional photos like I used in this post. Because I'm suddenly in a blogging mood and can't help myself, and blogging about shows is quite fun.

Hope your Christmas is turning out to be a little less hectic than mine! Although it probably couldn't get any more fun.

3 comments:

Dossy and Bossy said...

Awww...this brings it all back, I'll tell you. It's funny that Japan, although not a "Christmas" nation, does some pretty awesome displays in the public areas, much better than many I've seen here in the States in the malls, etc. And further, you're lucky...nothing puts you in the Christmas spirit more than performing! It's true. I miss it so much.

Jabberwocky said...

yay for photos!! very natsukashi. You girls look lovely :)

Cereal Stalker said...

Its not fair that the retard needs to stay in the house...