Ah yes. It is 2006! I shall await with bated bad breath from now on for the predicted enormous Tokyo earthquake! What fun.
Anyways, we just ended our two day vacation yesterday. Sigh, it's back to school again. Not that I mind. I'm coming to look forward to such days...! (cough cough)
Yeah, here's some exerpts from my diary about yesterday:
We went up to Yamanakako, and what do you know it's snowing and the lake's slightly frozen over! Hallelujah we had brought boots, so after the initial struggle to get out from the elevated "back seat" (made up of futons on top of some plywood balanced on h2h's Vega speakers- there was only space to lie down) we ran down to the lake. Our paranoid parents told us not to wade at first, but they soon consented to about half a meter away from shore. The snow was perfect- powdery and deep! So after having some fun taking pictures and wading and eating snow, we trudged back up to the van to get something to eat. The rice was mushy, hard and cold at the same time, the chicken was also kinda soggy and cold, but boy was it good! :D No, mom, I am NOT complaining. It was truly delicious. I'm just trying to be dramatic.
Then we went to find our "ice skating rink", a frozen pond we had stumbled upon last time we made this trip. We found it, alright, and it was at least half-a-foot thicker than last-last year. Unfortunately our time there consisted of lying in the snow, falling into the water (everyone clap for Joey, now!) and snow , so we just threw handfuls of it into each other's faces) instead of skating like last year, but it was still a blast. The miniature waterfall was really cool; it was frozen in layers, with huge icicles hanging down from the top. It was like the statue in that comic, "Dorthy and the Ice King". Really awesome.
Then we went hiking a tiny bit. Not in the place we went last last year, but more towards civilization. We trudged on till we happened upon a big, covered-in-snow-and-ice-about-a-foot-deep field. It had slopes and everything, so we rolled down the hills, used our asses as sleds, and did a whole bunch of awsome stuff like buring ourselves in snow and taking pictures etc.
We were all so wet and cold when we returned to the car that we decided to just head on to the Onsen even though it was only 4:00. The onsen wasn't too crowded, just right actually. It was still snowing, so the outside onsen was fun- soaking till your body couldn't bear the 41.7 degree water much longer, than running out much to the dismay of our parents and the other old ladies soaking, to sit in the deep powdery snow. It was much better than last year!
Oh yes, let's not forget the er... "wonderful" sauna! The dry sauna wasn't that fun, cuz it was quite stifuling and the TV show that was running wasn't interesting enough to distract you from the heat, plus there were always lots of ppl in there, so I opted for the steam sauna. (pant pant) I was actually relaxed- you get used to that heat after awhile. I almost fell asleep when Mari called me saying that everyone was waiting. Relaxation forgotten, I got back into my clothes in a hurry. So much for extra time to knit, I thought. Actually, there was plenty of time to later, when we sat down in the big room with all the other ppl you saw naked just a few minutes before, eating miso-raamen and drinking milk. Ahhh, that was a grrrrreeeat day.
...And so ends my exerpt.
No comments:
Post a Comment