Thursday, August 21, 2008

Oh look, another post!


















Yes, that's right. After all my whinging about not having enough free time to write more than half a post every 6 months, much less satisfy you greedy post-whores with daily excerpts from my wild and screwed mind, I've decided to dedicate a little block of this beer-infused page to the wonder that is the HCS.

The HCS (by which I do NOT mean Helicopter Coordination Section, HardCore Supervisor, Human Chorionic Somatotropin, or Hierarchical Cell Structure) held a summer festival, which is a lovely annual music/kakigori fest of the best sort, and very graciously invited Heart to Heart to play. So that included me. Believe me, I hyperventilated all during the trip there at the mere thought of getting on that stage, but did I have a say in the matter? Noooo.

A couple hundred new babies and PG mommies greeted me (I didn't even know about those two extra Freulon-Bertrand kids - now, THAT was weird), and as I really hate being behind the times but can't help it as I'm now an evil systemite living in the country, it wasn't the greatest of experiences.

The show itself was good, even if Mike almost rendered me deaf with his drums. I won't say anything about my musical performance, except that if you receive a copy of the video DESTROY ITTTTTTTTT. Or, watch Kando Bando's performance and Mike's drum solo first, and then burn it.

We spent a short three day vacation there, with trips to the beach (body surfing and snorkeling, yay!) and lots of instant coffee. Other newsworthy memories include a strange, short, yet highly amusing and very nice half-Korean guy who kept poking me every time we passed in the hallway, which I really didn't understand but endured and retaliated with grace anyway, and a dude from Taiwan with massive orange hair - and it REALLY was massive, only those who've met Danny will truly appreciate and understand this - who nearly made a few of us faint from laughing during one car trip. Danny, may your one-track-mindedness and fascination for love handles live on, and I regret not getting one of your orange pubes hairs for a keepsake. But we can't always get what we want. SIGH.

Akari, Lily, and Angie: Hanging out with you has never been more fun, perhaps because we've all gotten bitchier in our... old... age. haha, kidding - er, not really. But I miss you, just thought I'd throw that out there in case you ever stumble onto this. One day I'll get you out here. Promise.

Lily and Claire: My dearest ex-teachers. Your birthday cards and special notes from when I was a small, demented child will forever clutter up my über green safe that I keep tucked under my bed at all times. Thank you for the pictures, I would post them just to show my love for you, but first Keren passed and looked apoplectic that I would even think of posting a picture of her looking like THAT, and then Melinda walked by and actually pushed me out of the way so she could delete it. So, um, thanks for the pictures, I'll just keep them nicely tucked away.

This is kind of turning into collage of Twitter-esque messages instead of a hilarious recounting, so I'll just stop before I embarrass myself further.

In conclusion: I had fun, and I LOVE YOU HCS! Voila, finito.

Hey, that was simple.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HERPES CAUSED by SEX is more appropriate

Anonymous said...

how do you do that thing where you cross a word out?
Can you make a nice chart for me so i can understand. hehe
thanks :D

Florence said...

AMAND-AH! May you one day appreciate me.
It was so nice to see you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh. Bravo, Mandymandy. It was great having you here, and I'm SO glad that you posted about that korean and the ... hair guy. You need to post more often. You need to visit more often. OH yes, if you come over and visit I'll give you a tape of yr performance. Yokatta yo!

Amanda Rudow said...

MJ: lol. Fast thinking.

Ang: It's simple: < s >< / s > without the spaces, of course.

Florence: It was good to see you, ofc. Did I not mention you? Sorry if I didn't, it really was nice to see you.

Josh: heehee. I agree, I do need to post more. But every time I do these days it's always to say "sorry for not writing, i'm busy" so it's just getting tedious.

Eeek... nono, burn it, burn it!!!

Anonymous said...

oh no!!! Im sorry I deafened you. My appolopojies! I was really annoyed at my performance that night too, but i heard we did well.....we live and learn.
Mike