Monday, August 25, 2008

Blog it. Yo.


This blog depresses me.

I come on here and am greeted with a picture of my favourite beer except Asahi Nama, NEITHER OF WHICH I CAN DRINK LEGALLY.

Then, I catch of a glimpse of the weird map with red splotches all over it, and can't believe that many people view my blog and then just leave without saying anything, even if I've helpfully embedded a chatbox, which has been left to die.

Next I see a list of names. People who blog just like me, only BETTER. People I love, but never talk to because I'm lazy and can't think of anything to say besides "Oh hello, it's lovely to know I share blood/former living situations with you... so, um, do you love Jesus?". It's slightly awkward, what can I say.

Then I read back on my previous posts and realize only people who slightly care about me and/or live in the same house as I do would really understand what I'm rambling about, as most of the time I'm reminiscing on better days or ranting about a subject only those listed above particularly care about.

So it really baffles me why I'm writing ANOTHER post but I think I'm just bored.

Huh, that's weird. Haven't used that sentence in.... uh, a week.

Damnit.

And now I need to convince myself that I haven't just wasted five minutes of both of our time (Tempus Fugit, and all that... is that even applicable here?!).

So, DID YOU KNOW THAT ISAAC NEWTON PRACTICALLY SPENT HIS ENTIRE LIFE LABOURING ON THE THEORY OF THE LAW OF GRAVITY, ONLY TO HAVE SOME IDIOT NAMED JOHN CONDUITT ALLUDE TO THE POSSIBLE EXISTENCE OF AN APPLE THAT FELL OFF A TREE SOMEWHERE, THUS INGRAINING INTO THE MINDS OF BILLIONS OF PEOPLE THEREAFTER THAT NEWTON ONLY DISCOVERED GRAVITY BECAUSE SAID APPLE FELL ONTO HIS HEAD??

Ha. I did.

3 comments:

Y.M.R said...

AW Mandy dont be discouraged. Of course your blog has some meaning...
some...
somewhere.
snicker. I love it!

Florence said...

What on earth is a blood situation? Do I share that with you? Creepy!! Let me know so I can figure out how much affection I owe you.

Anonymous said...

your blog is awesome. i love it.