Friday, July 02, 2010

Hello, July.

Okay, so maybe I was a little quick to post about my feet building immunity to holding my weight all day. Turns out that if you get up from your chair at lunch at 10:30 am, and then don't sit down again until you get home at 8:30 pm... they will threaten to completely destroy your cognitive abilities. And then kill you.

This month is the start of the summer rush. I don't even want to think about the end of this month... famous Jazz/Blues bands from New York will be performing for "Harlem Night", which is every night from the 27th to the 31st, and we'll be short-staffed and loaded with three times as many things to do. Like I said, not thinking.

I've bonded pretty fast with a secretary in the Chef's Office (a terrifying place: the entire room reeks of power and Intimidation. Thankfully, since I know most of the head chefs on a more personal level than most newbies, I can only sense this when every desk is occupied. Then I am aware of every stray hair and smudged stain.) She's studied English for years and is brilliant at it, but refuses to admit it, and loves it when I look over her notes and faxes and critique/give suggestions. It means me staying later than usual (like today I stayed till 7:00 rather than 5:00), but it's worth it.

My feet are really, really killing me, though.

1 comment:

James Rudow said...

It issssss worth it. Every moment invested at this stage is a Tital wave to a surfer in the future.

Cheap metaphor, but, believe me, HtoH is the proof of that. Eat s***, s*** steak.

ILY honey.
....Dad