I've decided to share snippets of my NaNo novel, just to help myself feel more motivated.
Here's the first of these snippets. (FYI: The characters are Tartys and Dalquiel, angels, who go by simplified names to make it easier on the humans they interact with. Tartys is my novel's protagonist.)
***
“Yeah? Why him and none of the others? Oh hey! A unicorn?” Dougie leapt into the air in excitement. “I took care of a unicorn named Sassy on Noah’s Ark… unfortunately she suffocated once the Ark landed and her spirit was automatically put in the charge of the Heavenly Rare Animal Sanctuary, but I’ll never forget her.” Dougie sighed happily. “Good ol’ Sassy. She liked to eat mint leaves out of my hand.”
“I thought you took care of dragons on the Ark,” Tom said. They passed the pig sty, which was remarkably clear of any stench that may have permeated its surrounded had it been on Earth, and the vegetable garden, where corn was growing next to the Birds of Paradise.
“I did,” Dougie said bitterly. “That was after I was demoted. Noah said I spoiled Sassy too much.”
***
3 comments:
sounds very interesting and funny - I always thought you had it in you to be a good writer! Gammbatte!
Wow, thank you. That's super sweet of you, and really a massive encouragement once you take into account that fact that I've read Anya at least 20 times since you published it. Gambaru yo.
Yeah. That`s part of why I`m putting my story Taatia in a blog, and randomly telling people about it.
Helps with motivation.
Although I`m clearly not as motivated as you are.
You`re amazing. Nice work.
And that NaNo site is interesting. I had no idea...
Thanks.
Post a Comment