Sup.
So yesterday I had a very interesting experience at Noda. I wrote 6,000 words of my novel, caught up with my word count goal, and did not die of either carpal tunnel or overwhelming smugness. AND... it's all thanks to the wonderful studying environment that I traveled 2 hours by train to bask in. Gene, I am eternally grateful and I bow down to your superior greatness.
And now for your viewing pleasure, Snippet #2:
***
“Soo…” Qaspiel’s large ears wiggled. It appeared to be a sign that he was thinking hard. “I take it that you’re here to sort of… recruit me?”
“That is correct.”
“Buh-limey. Ain’t that something. Where we headed?”
Tom consulted his scroll. “That’s … that’s classified information, apparently.”
“Ah.” Qaspiel’s ears wiggled for a time. Then: “So, what’s the recon bit about then?”
Dougie coughed out a little condescending laugh. “Do you not know the state of Earth right now? It’s like the third level of hell down there; petty criminals, lowlife demons, harlots, those marked with the Unholy Incriminating Antichrist Barcode… you name it, it’s down there. Infesting God’s creation.” He shook his head in disgust.
“Riiiight.”
“Officially the teams are sent down for the main purpose of cleaning the place up. Unofficially … well, let’s just say that if we happen to come into any interesting information whilst we’re down there, there’s no harm in letting the higher-ups know, if you know what I mean.”
“… No, I really don’t, actually,” Qaspiel said blankly.
“He means that if we happen to capture a demon and torture information out of it during our time down there, we’d be promoted, rather than stripped of our titles and transubstantiated.” Tom explained bluntly.
"Oh. Got it."
No comments:
Post a Comment