Guess what I found?!
A recording of Gene's song, from that Livehouse thing they did a couple years ago. You know, the really awesome one that sounds a bit like Boulevard of Broken Dreams only better, with the words "Tell Me What Do You Believe" at the beginning of every chorus.
Epic stuff. And it was hiding under layers of emails for all these years. Good thing I thought to do a bit of spring-cleaning.
On the subject of my music tastes, recently mom's been slightly disturbed that I've been listening to stuff Dad used to like when he was my age. It's not MY fault that music from the 60s-80s is so much cooler than anything from nowadays.
It's also really funny to see Mom and Dad's faces when they walk into the kitchen when I'm doing dishes only to be blasted with The Who or The Beatles, or sometimes The Rolling Stones.
Is it weird that that's all I listen to now? I want your opinion.
6 comments:
uhh...classic rock never goes out of style. no worries.
and are you planing to post this song of Genes?
Okay, music from the sixties may have been awesome and music from the eighties...well I'm just not going there. It was the Metal days. Not such good times...
BUT GOD THE MUSIC WE HAVE NOW IS WAY BETTER!
When in the 60s can you find a techno-powerpop band? Or an alternative-electronica-punk band? NO WHERES!
Although the hardcore punk days were brilliant. But that was the seventies. You're missing out on the best decade.
Haha, Mike's sister said the same thing! You're not the only one, that's for sure.
goddd i love the beatles! they are....beyond descriptionly wonderful! my dad grew me up on the good stuff too....also old family songs, most are way better than anything they can come up with today.
mj: heh. that's what *I* thought...
ang: probably not. respecting his memory and all that.
anon: nooooooo classic stuff can effing dick on most of the shite produced these days.
aich: huh. must be something going around, then... plague... xD
kathy: amen and hallelujah to lovely old family songs. i still listen to a few.
Post a Comment