Friday, July 18, 2008

Lining the Solitude

I've had a few personal issues to deal with this past week, and as a result I've had this jumble of half-formed arguments jumping around my head. I've always been like this; an itching to write something always comes whenever I'm emotional. So this evening, while figuring out what to do with all the time I had till a late night cyber-appointment, my fingers started to move without my permission. Dreadful things ensued. Skip over if easily confused.


How do I act when everything fails?
Resenting the lines of platonic emails
You can't see past the link and the blood
Your secrets I keep, my reputable mud
I feel so bogged down but there's no one to talk to
This hazing is pointless, pretentious and crude
Avert a crisis without taking chances?
It's hard to find meaning in complex romances
Loving is giving so fuck your receiving
Just dwell on you and your heartless deceiving
It’s hard to resist or remember to think
When even the thought of you drives me to drink
Singing your song to find vindication
Something to end this increasing fixation
Kissing at midnight brings our happy hour
But expressions of love stay so mocking and dour
You’re not the only one lonely in vain
My closeted skeletons and yours are the same
Regardless of bigotry staining your mind
Frustrating responses told off in kind
My call for adrenaline's driving me mad
Stop desperately grasping at something we had
All I said was that you think with your prick
You can't persuade me in tones so sarcastic
Keep hold of my mind in your cutoff shirt
That grin tells this sweetie you don't care I hurt
Your brown eyes reflect my weakened resistance
I swallow and force my face into indifference
I cannot afford exploitation or harm
Working with you just sets that alarm
A recap of life lost, thanks to whom?
Her fickle existence locked up in your room
You’ve had your cry, and I’ve had my share
And now that it’s ending… I don’t really care

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wrote that? It's good! I love it!

Anonymous said...

...Damn big words!
I do like it.
Flows. You know.

Boo ya said...

i loved the poem. youre brilliant. thanks for stalking i love your comments. muah!

Anonymous said...

skunk: yes... i decided to make use of my rare lack of sobriety, for once.
that didn't make sense. oh, well. thanks =)

anon: big words? where? -looks round- no, you're just stupid... xD

kathy: anytime. and, thank you, that's verr nice of you =D