
I was reading over my blog posts from 2005, and the usual "nostalgic wave washing over me" thing happened.
One memory in particular that happened to spring to mind is from back in 2003 or so. At least, I think it was from then, all I know is that I was very young- and stupid.
I'd been browsing the fridge in the laundry room, which was somewhat of a post-teeth brushing ritual for me, when I found a very delicious looking can of Chu-hi. Feeling mischievous and spectacularly naughty, I opened it, took maybe three sips, and replaced it.
I was trying to fall asleep about an hour later, when Niki came quietly into our room and shook me. I turned to face her and was accosted with a question that started off with "Were you the one who-", words every child in our home dreaded to hear.
Of course, I denied taking a part in the consumption of her freenight treat. That was the age when I thought I was a professional liar, on level with the likes of Fletcher Reede (see "Liar, Liar"). Later the next day my mother pulled me aside and told me to 'fess up, and that Niki had smelt the alcohol on my breath so there was no use lying about it.
I still insisted on lying.
And you know, after thinking back on those years- I really don't blame you for hating us, Niki.
And please, accept a belated apology so I can put my guilt-wracked conscience to rest.
11 comments:
snicker...
That made me laugh...I had forgotten about that completely.
Of course I didn't hate you (rolls eyes) silly sis.
apology not necessary...water under the bridge dahlin.
love you guys and miss you like heck.
yeah, and i was also awaken in my sleep by an angry person insisting that i had taken one tiny sip of the oh-so-precious 100 yen chu hai.
well you were a pretty suspicious child Ang, what can you expect :P
that is sooooo stupid...
niki: aha... seriously? you didn't even resent us a little tiny bit? :P
ang: well as they always used to say, that was for all the times you actually did something naughty...
niki: you do have a point, there. lol
mj: -blinks-
Yes, Niki is the wicked stepsister. I, on the other hand, am the Beautiful and Benevolent Angel-of-Jesus Sister whom you love and adore, and who would have, instead, BROUGHT you a chu-hi at 1:00AM instead of being the gestapo. Amen?
Don't feel too bad for Niki. We (ie: Niki and I) once went on a thief-ing spree at around 4 & 5 years old, respectively. We got caught stealing prunes & cod-liver oil from mom's closet. I know, geniuses. :) It was ALL NIKI'S IDEA!
NOT NOT NOT
You always blamed everything on me because you were just jealous. :P
Snicker
Man gross or what...cod liver oil and prunes...
barf
LOL
you guys seriously made my night :P
absolutely hilarious
xxx
When I was 13 and living at the HCS I rode my bicycle 10 k down the mountain and bought 2 bottles of vodka at odakyu ox. We (the Jr Teens) then proceeded to get smashed up at the pool. I poured half a bottle of vodka into a pitcher which I then filled with OJ. I drank this glorious screwdriver and then went swimming in the dark, where I was lucky not to drown. I will say that vomiting underwater is not recommended.
We were caught several days later, and had our movie priveliges revoked for 3 months.
The moral of this story is that there is no moral to this story.
i didn`t know there was a odakyu ox at near the hcs.
Post a Comment