This month so far has seen an unusually small amount of posts from me. I suppose that's what happens when you actually get a life. My sincere apologies to everyone expecting emails from me and not getting them; I'm sure I'll soon get my old pathetic life back and return to haunting your blogs and writing meaningless posts.
Noda hosted another gathering a couple days ago and thankfully my little sis got to attend... I remember when I was a JETT, not being able to see me 'friends' for longer than a month was excruciating. Rather sad in retrospect, but what can I say.
At the time I shared the typical mindset that if everyone knew me, or at least my name, I was cool. Bless my ickle naive heart. I have very painful memories of wrangling email addresses out of people I barely knew and attempting to have conversations with them. Again, my apologies to anyone whom I may have harrassed during that stage.
Just to clear up a hypothesis that someone informed me was circling: I am not engaged to my computer. I do not have cybersex with old men pretending to be hunky male models in their 20s. My acqaintances are not entirely limited to chums overseas.
I have real friends, not imaginary ones, thank you very much.
Just because we met at a Jett camp and I pretended to be your friend until just recently when I realized that I only like talking to people I actually know and get along with and therefore decided to block you, doesn't mean I am entirely friendless.
Now that that's out of the way...
Does anyone have any advice on how to hold a conversation with a Family teenager? I still haven't gotten the hang of it.
7 comments:
Amanda Amanda Amanda...
I like your new mindset.
Certain family teenagers seem to go with the age-old "Oh my Gaaad, you are so hawt!" when they want to make a friend.
Or when someone asks you, "So, who do you thinking is the cutest guy in Japan?" instead of saying, "Um, I don't care for almost any," you can pretend to be interested.
I don't know... don't listen to me... I never go the hang of it.
honestly, dont even try... they suck.
just be like "sooooooo do you love jesus?"
mariea: yes, isn't it refreshing?
oooh, wonderful advice. that first one is painfully familiar.
another one i get is "ohmigahhhh gene's your BROTHER?!" once an explicit retelling of a sexual encounter with said brother followed. i have not yet recovered fully. i'm sure you can sympathize, as you do share blood with The Hulk.
mj: well noted.
ang: LOVELY!
you're all such a big help. i'm seriously going to use these.
Oh...goodie... finally someone who takes me seriously.
ouch.
You can't converse with Family teenagers. At least, not intelligently. Except for me, since apparently Amanda has no problem conversing with me -nudge/snicker-
=D
Post a Comment