I'm terrified and nervous and happy and excited all at once. My head feels about ready to explode.
The first day of Golden Week, and it's raining. I feel that maybe a little more sunshine would have been more fitting, but well, there's no helping that, is there.
Yesterday Keren, Dad, Phil, and I performed at an Old Folks' Home, and I'm glad we got that last bit of practice in before today. 'cos, today is going to be big, folks. MASSIVE. For today is the start of the succession of shows we'll be doing for the Cyboku-Ham festival. By the end of Golden Week we'll have been exposed to tens of thousands of people, for better or for worse.
So this explains why I'm currently on the edge of a panic attack.
Pray for us please.
I'm feeling those latter two emotions because some old friends are on their way as we speak, to join in on the festivities. It's going to be fun.
Life looks particularly golden from where I'm standing. And it feels good.
Music: Rhapsody in Blue, by George Gershwin
11 comments:
You'll be fabulous, oh talented sister of mine...you're in my prayers.
If I can do it, anyone can. I've never met anyone with a worse case of nerves than me, so I know you'll be fine.
On the practical side, just remember to breathe...and if your hands start going numb from hyperventilating on stage, by gods, make sure Dad gives you a mic stand. They're great for when your legs feel like jelly and you think you'll fall over. You can sort of inconspicuously lean on them.
Oh and I've found that claiming a key over and over in my head is rather calming. TYJ.
NEways, ILY! you'll be great, I'm sure. xxxx
Hurray!
And what's a Golden Week and why is it golden?
Yeah, you'll do great. On another practical note remember to smile. Your voice is great and you've got nothing to worry about. Inotteru.
niki: Thanks for having so much faith in me- that comment's givin me confidence for tomorrow ;)
Mic stands! They're awesome. Going barefooted works too right? heehee.
Love you tooo.
fish: Japanese national holdiay spanning over 5 days. it's golden because... it's awesome? -shrugs-
Junior: Thank you so much. You're too sweet.
I SMILED! :)
Aw, you did great. It was really fun watching you all perform. You just keep getting better and better.
Is there a video? Don't be shy.
The above anon was me....
actually there was a video that i took. But i deleted it.
it was just so funny cuz amanda and keren looked like twins or something.
and amanda,
me and jo were sitting in the audience and thinking how fine you looked in that big t-shirt.
(i'm really not kidding. you did look fa-bu.)
aich: you're too sweet. thank you so much.
anon/Junior: there's footage
i just haven't gotten my ickle paws on it yet
ang: i shall pretend for one moment that you aren't being sarcastic.
OH, ANG, THAT'S SO SWEET OF YOU TO SAY! I KNOW, I REALLY LIKE THAT TSHIRT TOO!
-rolls eyes-
I wasnt trying to be sarcastic. That shirt really matched you.
-ashamed-
Oh ...
okay then
Thank you! :)
Post a Comment